Which CF do you want?

While everybody thinks Edwards is trying to do a deal for the transfer of Mbappe and Haaland he will go and sign Eduardo Camavinga on the QT

3 Likes

Ermm… what? :joy:

1 Like

Big lump? Joelinton is 1,86m. That’s normal size. Taller than our 4 main attackers. Not as tall as our big lump Divock (1,90m) who doesn’t know how to use that size and body.

What ever qualities we are looking at - i hope we find them in someone with similar size + strong + fast + mobile.

Mache, just maybe all those world class crosses by our fullbacks wouldn’t be wasted if we would have someone with physical presence in the box.

Quaresma.
He’d be a good false 9

4 Likes

Because that’s what he is, a crap overrated (not anymore though) and overpriced Brazilian. Newcastle thought they were getting a new Firmino.

:joy:

2 Likes

Get him and Simao in together. Job done.

2 Likes

Still, this is not about Joelinton. ‘Someone similar body type’.

@Zoran if Joelinton scores tomorrow that’s on you.

2 Likes

No, it will be on you.

1 Like

Yeah, but I don’t think that should be the primary “quality”. It depends very much if a player with that stature can move/press/score well enough for our game. I’ve seen tons of players of similar height/body type who were soft pussies in duels and then also the total opposite. Daka (just to throw an example) is practically the same height like Joelinton, yet he’s a player who, from what I’ve seen, goes in behind more and scores more goals. Sarr is also tall for a wide forward (regardless if he’s even on our list anymore). I think we need a bit more of that. Not “only” rely on Salah to make movements in behind and get goals (of course, Mane and Jota can do a bit of that, but they can also combine). We need more fresh blood, but we also need to keep our principles going. We’ll see what type of player Klopp has in mind for a new forward this summer.

4 Likes

Voodoo doll time.

:joy:

1 Like

A few unreliable rumours around for Donyell Malen and Adam Hlozek who I think would both make sense as lower profile, and hopefully cheaper, options to come in and take over starting roles in the next couple of years. Pairing them with Elliott for a front three - if they all “make it”.

Patson Daka similarly has a good resume for his career so far and is too good to keep playing in Switzerland.

Dennis Mann at Parma is another young player having a really good season. Also Noa Lang at Ajax is someone I mentioned a few years ago when he was looking at leaving Amsterdam as a teenager but we didn’t move for him. Looks like he’s established himself there.

Pedro Goncalves at Sporting has been very good statistically although he’s more of a midfielder.

I think when we do sign a new forward it will be one, or maybe several, of this calibre of player rather than Haaland or Mbappe. It’s parts of the fun anyway to throw a few darts rather than always signing the superstar.

3 Likes

He plays in Austria though

3 Likes

Daka is interesting. I heard from another fan who follows the Bundesliga that he thinks he’s on his way to Leipzig. I didn’t hear any of that, yet. Don’t they already have Poulsen, Sorloth and have already signed Brobbey from Ajax? Maybe if one of them is leaving?

VVD was arguably one of the most coveted CDs in the world when we got him. He chose us over Man Cheaty or other European clubs who wanted him. Allisson was among a small group of goalies considered the best in the world, and it was a massive coup to land him.

I completely agree with your stance about Mbappe; him coming to us has been a pipe-dream since day one. But on occasions, we’ve made big hits too, and hasn’t it helped us massively to win trophies recently…

Edit: oops, the discussion has moved on I see, sorry… :hot_face:

1 Like

Maybe one of the most wanted, although that also I’m not too sure about, par example interest outside the PL. Not in the same sentence as really one of the world’s best players. Coveted… I wouldn’t say so. Groningen, Celtic, Southampton. 16 caps for Holland by the age of 26/27 when he signed for us. We’ve made big hits, sure we did, but we very rarely and almost never bought one of the leading world players. Not at least in my following.

1 Like

I agree that he wasn’t up there yet with the likes of Mbappe.

Maybe Haaland would be a better comparison in that regard: a player having performed extraordinarily well already, but not on the really big stage yet.

Maybe, yeah. But I think he’s also already destined for one of the those ‘usual clubs’.

Fake news, Austria doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

That’s the problem with strikers. They score one or two goals, and become global superstars overnight… :laughing:

2 Likes