Which DM/CM do you want?

There’s nothing stopping us from getting both Lavia and Sangare. Especially if Thiago was to leave as well.

Maybe money?

Nope. Our wagebill decrease allows us to get both and a competent CB

Would murder for a player with similar characteristics to Brendan’s version of Emre Can. Always thought he was good without being great but a young, tall, relatively cheap player who can fill in at DM, CM, full back or centre back in a three would be an absolute dream at the moment.

Only player who is close that I can think of is Adams although he’s shorter and always injured.

So not Adams then :grin:

1 Like

Not in as much as we should buy him, no.
But if there were players who profiled similar to him I’d be delighted if we could get one. I.e has played a ton of positions at good clubs to a high level and young enough to make sense as a transfer.

As far as the poll goes, looks like we’re moving on from TAN’s no1 choice to its no2 choice!

It’s easy this transfer lark :joy:

Is it possible to case a negative vote (for Phillips?)

1 Like

Benfica are rubbing their hands together waiting for Fluminense to say they’re not selling before Jan.

1 Like

If that’s the case, we have good form for going for the number 2 target only to see them outperform the supposed first choice.

Not point any fingers, but I guarantee 99% of the folk who have voted Andre have never seen him play in their lives.

I know I haven’t. (That’s not a reason not to sign him btw lol).

2 Likes

Never even heard of most of those guys :roll_eyes:

I haven’t, but he’s got continental sounding name, so he must be good.

Martin Zubimendi’s name has cropped ,don’t know him but the read up looks fair…another option?

Which DM actually wants to come to Liverpool and we haven’t pissed off by chasing someone else?

Start there

1 Like

If Lavia goes to Chelsea, it isn’t because we’ve pissed him off, it will be because Chelsea have offered him more money than we have (or because we don’t want to pay Southampton’s asking price - I’m unclear whether we have offered a £60m deal, there seems to be no actual confirmation from anyone we would regard as completely reliable).

Chelsea have so far signed Caicedo, a young DM from France and were chasing Adams before they dropped him and reportedly went for Lavia.

1 Like

Very quiet on Florentino Luis despite the stats gang putting him at the top of the list. There was a lot of off the cuff ‘too expensive’ but I don’t believe that now!

1 Like

I think Benfica would take less than the release clause, but obviously, if Luis is the one we want now, we will have to be careful with going back and forth and getting timed out.

1 Like