Which DM/CM do you want?

Kone, Sangare and Andre for me. Andre can also play as a 8 I guess. I agree just watched his highlight reel but he has got the range. Kone and Sangare for 50 million is ideal cover. Andre will come in January once I guess Sangare leaves for AFCON. 70 million for 3 quality midfielders is no brainer rather than Lavia for 60!!!

I’m pretty happy with Curtis, Thiago, Elliott, Bajectic, Sobs and Mac + 1 more.

I think Mac, Curtis and Sobs is a good all round midfield.

We have enough for the start of the season.

2 Likes

Im predicting we will go back for Thuram or Gravenberch.

I agree. No panic required. We need to sign for the squad considering 6 midfielders leaving us. But if we just add 1 that’s ok too. I m more desperate for Inacio to join us. Trent is a 150 million CDM/CM with his passing range. We need to try him out more in that position with 3 CB’s. Robertson hasn’t been great for 2 seasons now. Hope the comes back to his best.

1 Like

The way this group is targetting obvious namea my guess is Gravenbach too and Bayern will rob us of 80 million pounds. Gutted if it happens. He is too slow if you ask me for the premier league.

Make all the noise for signing Gravenbach… then snatch Alphonso Davies at the 11th hour - what an addition to the squad he would be - the guy never stops running, from first minute, until the last minute

Amrabat was my choice from the start. I often watch italian league, he is a monster. Better than Caicedo and Lavia in every aspect of the game and cost way less.
He will end up in West Ham, so nezt season we can offer them 150 million.

Happy 50th birthday @JayJayOkocha

PS
Amrabat is shit.

1 Like

What a player!

Bring back Gini

All is forgiven

2 Likes

Doucoure.

The idea that the player is such a delicate flower that at 19 with 1 year under his belt he is critically offended at us not prioritizing his singing at a sky high valuation that he now wont join because of the way he has been treated is wild. Not to mention that he is right to feel that way and we’ve fucked up to make him feel that way…

2 Likes

Just like Jay Jay was shiit, or Mane in Soton :wink:
Some players simply dont have luck, others have good agencies behind them.

IMO there are football solutions if we cannot find a right fit that is available and within our valuation.

For instance, Macca can play the role if we add a more defensive #8/10, as can Thiago.
There’s also Bajetic of course…

We could also of course go into a double pivot…

1 Like

Amrabat was very good at the World Cup, but I still can’t help but wonder why nobody has been in for him when he’s been readily available for two transfer windows now. Talk is United might go for him once both Fred and McTominay are gone, otherwise there’s been hardly any reputable links to any other club of note.

If he was that good somebody would have taken him as soon as the window opened.

My controversial shout - Amrabat isnt an upgrade on McTominay and certainly not on Fred.

4 Likes

Everyone agrees.

Now watch us spunk 70m on him.

1 Like

Have you ever been outspunked? Todd wants to know.

Are we back to Nunes from Wolves…

Forgot about him.

This is it though he was our top target.

Our top targets for a few months back didn’t include Lavia at all.

Caciedo boat had sailed last summer as well, I don’t think we ever totally sold on Lavia if I’m honest whatever the reason for that was.

The club needs to find a CM who can play that 6 role, we have ample cover in my view with Bajectic getting some of the Europa games.

There are a few around, I do think Veratti on loan wouldn’t be the worst bet if we could work it if the club sees a lack of value. Otherwise go all out on someone of value such as the Spanish lad again 90% of the games doesn’t require the player we needed yesterday and Macallister could help a CM like that.

The club needs to do some business and I do think we may see some movement on Inacio who apparently does have a clause that’s reasonable (Jorg’s favourites).

Bring him and stick Matip at CDM :joy:

1 Like