Pre- In- and Post-Match: LASK vs Liverpool, September 21 Thursday 17:45

When Liverpool win the semi final they will cancel your booking and sell the roomfor €2000 per night.
Being going on for last couple of years.

I’m sure you’ll put him up if that happens :grin:

2 Likes

Good luck with that.Wait till you see the price of drink and food .

Yeah obviously I’m expecting the the same again in spending money.

Also did a bit of research and I can see you only really get stung on drink prices if you go in the ‘Tourist’ bars. There seems to be plenty of places to eat and drink at reasonable prices if you venture a bit on the outer side on Temple Bar.

I know this happens on Booking.com, and Air B+B. But I figured Premier Inn wouldn’t do this would they?

It did cross my mind.

Sorry for the thread derail btw, I did look for a Europa League Thread but didn’t see one.

1 Like

Ehh it’s fine pal, wouldn’t worry about it we can all relate.

Link below for the Europa thread if you ever wanted to use;

1 Like

I think we will go stronger than expected by majority in this thread. This is arguably the hardest match of the group stage for us (LASK was in the pot 2 for the draw). And Klopp himself stated the starting lineup would not be “experimental”. Although quite a few changes can be expected, Klopp will not change the full 11.

As much as I would love Kelleher to be given time in the Europa League, I think Klopp will stick to Becker in goal. Virg and Ibou could use some game time after a layoff - add to that Quansah suffered a minor knock and Gomez will have to play at RB. Salah is a nailed-on starter in European matches for Klopp (he will probably be rested in the second half).

So I think we will go with something like this:
---------Alisson----------
Gomez-Ibou-VVD-Kostas
-Elliott-Endo-Mac Allister-
-Salah-Jota-Diaz-

Then (hopefully early should the team cruise to a comfortable lead) in the second half the likes of Doak, Bajcetic, Gravenberch can hope for a decent share of minutes.

1 Like

Looking at the players who have travelled to Linz, it’s a bit disappointing to see a full-strength squad. I understand Klopp wants a strong start to the campaign and many senior players need the minutes to speed-up their fitness; but it looks like an overkill. Most of these players would be playing again on Sunday as well.

2 Likes

We’ll pretty much be taking the full squad wherever we go throughout the tournament bar maybe 1 or 2 kids.

UEFA pretty much allows you to name a full strength squad (whether it be starting or on the bench) so no seniors were ever not going to travel (unless injured or suspended).

Still expect to see 5 or 6 changes from the win at Wolves.

3 Likes

I agree. But what’s the point of taking a bunch of players if they aren’t going to play? The early stages of Europa, Kangaroo, and FA cup are the precious little windows to rest some of our key players, right!

After so many interviews in which he tells us that he is building Liverpool 2.0, new team, shared experiences, new history, traveling together is probably also important for team building etc. I’m not surprised.

10 Likes

Well, just to be and make them feel part of the squad I guess…the clubs a close family, we don’t let no one walk (or train) alone :wink: unless it’s to regain fitness which I assume will be the case for Trent and Thiago, and who knows…they might be needed, fingers crossed it doesn’t happen but Klopp may be forced into some unplanned changes.

1 Like

If we do play a much changed team having the senior players be there on the trip and in the changing room will make it feel like more a real first team game. If you are looking to use this as a learning experience for younger players it needs to feel real to be valuable.

It also allows us to use lots of subs in a productive way. If we’re already starting a weakened team then we’ll have no where to go with a bench if we dont take the senior players. Many of them could probably get value out of 20 mins or so in their legs as well.

4 Likes

They’ve not travelled as yet?

Indications are Thaigo (injured) and Clark (playing for U21s) miss out.

My Nephews booked a room in Paris as soon as the venue was changed from Kyiv. A week or two before the final the hotel cancelled their room and lied the price by about 400%. :rage::nerd_face:

2 Likes

LASK team news by WhoScored:

• The home side are without Tobias Anselm, Yannis Letard and Adil Taoui, all three of whom are recovering from ACL injuries.
  • Lenny Pintor is sidelined with a muscle issue.
  • Roma loanee Ebrima Darboe is yet to be passed as fully fit and will likely start from the bench here.

Elliott missing from this as well for some reason? they’ve put Gravenberch twice though so may an error.

Based on this, my prediction would be:

Kelleher
Gomez
Quansah
Matip
Tsimikas
Endo
Gravenberch
Jones
Doak
Nunez
Diaz

1 Like

Confirmed list

Liverpool squad for LASK: Alisson, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Doak, Jaros, Kelleher, Quansah.

Notable absentees are Thiago and Trent. Elliot there, expect TIA piece contains a typo as he would have trained.

5 Likes

Well, i hope that they’re not travelling to Australia :joy: