The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Agree, plus the link up with Stevie.

All the best to you Hendo lad.

I would, think of all the Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont know about that. He strikes me as fairly level headed and knows he already earns a lot. Being closer to family etc is probably more important.

Also strikes me as someone who will shoulder responsibility for getting back into the CL and challenging for silverware.

I think it also remains to be seen whether his playing time will be reduced.

6 Likes

Unless Dom gets injured heā€™ll be competing with Fabinho for the DM role or coming on for the last ten minutes to protect a lead.

Donā€™t think heā€™s the type to jump ship for money, but I bet Gerrard is desperate for someone with his level of experience to galvanise his team.

1 Like

Ian Doyle says decision by the end of the week.
If he does go then Thiago will stay and we will end up getting nothing for him next summer.
We could stripe the Saudis up for Hendo as he has longer on deal - funds to go towards Lavia

Twe two articles from Bascombe and Joyce state that the situation with England next year is also a factor. Plus, if we are willing to lose both Hendo and Millie this summer. But that the decision is more with Hendo, Klopp wants to find out as soon as possible if someone wants to leave. Ideally, weā€™d still like a midfielder (no mention of a defender, but youā€™d guess we will still see if we can pull off two more signings).

3 Likes

Thiago is probably sticking around anyway.

Will be sad seeing him go without a guard of honour etc.

Personally think heā€™s got one more year with us as a regular footballer.

And screw u Stevie , go pick up Coutinho instead

1 Like

Hendo

u right @Walshy07, at 33 it makes too much sense for him to moveā€¦ Pepole forget that footballers retirement age is probably about 35 ( only freaks like milly and ronaldo will play until 50) compared to us couch potatoes who can work well into our 60ā€™s. So i totally understand if he goes. If i was 59 years old and offered a three year contract in saudia arabia at 200% increase in my salary, i would jump at thatā€¦

1 Like

Irrelevant league. Fake competition for the elderly. Donā€™t think Stevie is under pressure to improve his team.

Probably earns bonuses with every aging high profile player he is able to bring in.

No one is forgetting anything. Heā€™s probably earning Ā£1m+ a month in wages plus whatever he gets from sponsorship deals already, with a view to moving into coaching or management when he finishes.

The money from a move may simply not be enough to him to justify any sacrifices he makes in taking it.

2 Likes

you speak for all people now??? ( no one is forgetting anything)
on top of that increase its tax free as well

edit: donā€™t know if numbers are accurate, says he is on 140k a week (560k a month)

Iā€™d be very disappointed with Henderson after his vocal support for Rainbow Laces every season if he went to Saudi for a payday.

Iā€™m sure he doesnā€™t care what I think, but heā€™s already a multi-millionaire, if he wants carry on playing Iā€™m sure he could get a gig in MLS or go back to Sunderland.

If he wants to do punditry or management then thatā€™s an option.

If it were me, Iā€™d be content with my vast fortune and just spend the rest of my life actually enjoying the money and the time I had with my family.

4 Likes

heā€™s earning 140k per week and then the tax rates in UK. You can be sure that heā€™ll earn much more in Saudi.

1 Like

thank uā€¦tax free too

1 Like

Iā€™m not doubting he can earn more in Saudi Arabia, the question is whether he feels that additional money is worth moving for.

I thought he was on more than Ā£140k. But if not, the priciple still holds even if we are talking about a marginally smaller figure.

1 Like

I guess we will know in a day or two if reports on him and his decision are true

1 Like

If Hendo went and earned a high wageā€¦
He does seems the type to donate some of it to local foodbanks - Put a few in a tizz if that scenario unfolded eh

1 Like

It isnā€™t right for him to justify. I understand people will be disappointed by him leaving. Personally would want him to see off his career at Liverpool. As I did for Milner and Stevie before.

2 Likes