The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

So LFC sold Hendo and Fabinho, let go of Milner, only for them to come back for a 30 year old. Is this what the intern sporting director is capable of because this looks to be the last summer signing for LFC?

What makes you say that?

1 Like

This is normally @legalalien’s role but here you go from BBC rumours

Liverpool are stepping up their efforts to sign 23-year-old Crystal Palace and Mali midfielder Cheick Doucoure. (Independent)

Liverpool are also expected to pay 19m euros (£16.2m) for Stuttgart and Japan midfielder Wataru Endo, 30. (Athletic - subscription required)

The club have also revived their interest in 21-year-old Netherlands and Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch. (Mail)

2 Likes

I got up a bit late today and was so stunned by the Endo news that I was unable to function properly. :crazy_face:Thank you @clive.

BTW you put it in the wrong thread.

1 Like

Just trigger Inacio’s clause now and we are done!! Play 3-2-2-3. Robertson has been ordinarily last 2 seasons except on very few occasions.

2 Likes

Robertson still had 26 assists in the last 2 seasons (15+11), not ordinary at all. I understand what you mean, because honestly the whole team looks disastrous especially last season so Robertson is no exception but I would think its a matter of balance, Robertson, as with other players, were so good simply because the other parts of the team were so good. Once we lose the balance in another part of the team, it naturally affects the balance in other areas. But stats like this show that its the tactics and balance that needs changing and not necessarily the players.

3 Likes

Make sense mate. Nicely put. We seem to be too naive with tactics. No surprise element even when we are facing teams from the bottom half of the table. We lost more points there. Need to shuffle up the formation a bit. I really like this Endo signing - just a month late.

We are about 2 weeks away from the closing of the summer window. LFC had flirted with a few DMs over the last 3 transfer windows but none came for so many reasons.

I simply do not have the confidence in FSG and that intern sporting director in purchasing a good DM at the peak age of a footballer( 23-26) that LFC desperately need right now to allow Bajectic to grow without a lot of undue stress and to carry on Endo’s job when Endo gets too old.

I see it as either that we will pursue another midfielder (Independent still reporting our interest in Doucoure) or that we are keeping our powder dry again for the players we want. Not convinced that we were ever enthusiastic about the French lads, our primary targets were clearly Bellingham, Caicedo and Lavia. Its frustrating to miss all three but I don’t think we are going to go big for a player unless we know they’re the one we really want.

I do think we’ll see another player come in - hopefully a CB or even a RB. That would allow us a bit more tactical flexibility.

1 Like

Think we all get that.

The window hasn’t closed.
Lets have a small bet.

If Liverpool don’t sign someone by the deadline I will contribute €50 to the DEBRA charity that Souness works with.

If they do you could do the same?

5 Likes

But but …it’s got to be someone that football manager/twitter raves about and for at least £80 million …

And once that bid and if it’s accepted, you won’t see him for a few days …possibly until January…

Oh I see what you are doing :grin:

Good call👍

1 Like

Talksport is reporting Liverpool is in talks to Hijack Manchester United midfield target Amrabat.

Article: Liverpool open talks with Manchester United target Sofyan Amrabat and revive interest in Bayern Munich man (talksport.com)

Utter shite.

3 Likes

If we were in for Amrabat we probably wouldnt be in for Endo.

2 Likes

There are multiple sources reporting this. Express, Telegraph, BBC, Goal.com, etc. But so what if you don’t like one particular source - this is called the Unreliable rumors thread.

If you think Endo alone solved our midfield woes, I’ve got a bridge I can sell you that will earn you a FORTUNE!! :wink:

Talksport comes under the “very unreliable” category and posters are discouraged from posting their rubbish.

1 Like

Fair enough. Care to call the other 4 sources I’ve seen discussing this rumor rubbish?

Yes.

The only vaguely reputable one there is the BBC, and they are merely repeating the Telegraph’s article. It is not their own content.

1 Like

Good for you.